3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Looking at content of an old harddrive

Hello,

I have a hard drive that I pull from one of my old laptops. I want to look at some of my content in the user folder or the document setting content; however, It is giving me an access deny option. I tried change this, but it does not let me. What is the best way to see what is there?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    Hello,

I have a hard drive that I pull from one of my old laptops. I want to look at some of my content in the user folder or the document setting content; however, It is giving me an access deny option. I tried change this, but it does not let me. What is the best way to see what is there?
    Seba,
    Hello... The easiest way is to download a free program called "Winbubbles" for Vista or "7" ( i use 1.76 on both ) Winbubbles check off to add "take ownership " to your Right click context Menu....Has lots of other great tweaks that you might find useful... Works for me... Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-10-05 at 13:39.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    Another way to remove the restriction:
    Right click on the folder and go to properties, hit the security tab. Select edit and remove "everyone" from the list.
    Untitled.jpg

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Clint and Fred. Clint's approach worked the best with the exception that I delete "authenic Users" instead of everyone.