New Lounger
    Thanks

How to send a "Thank You " note for help received

Dear Loungers,

With so many helpful and generous members giving advise and sorting out problems for novices like me sending a thank you for the help received is the least we can do. Is there an official way to do this or is it done through the thread you started.

Thanks for the advice

Aussiehans

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Hi,

Each post made by a member has a Thanks button (check the bottom left of the post area, immediately below the post message). That button is there precisely for that purpose - to thank the poster for the help given in that post.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

CLiNT (2011-10-05),I.M.O.G. (2011-10-05)

Thanks
    I use the thanks button, but I always make sure to also let people know how I appreciate their help personally in the thread itself. Taking an extra moment or two to publicly thank someone encourages them as well as others to continue going out of their way to pass on their knowledge and good will. I love hearing when my experience actually made a difference for someone else, as the more people share their experience the more we all learn.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

Thanks
    But be selective when using the thanks button, for instance, there is no need to use it just because someone responded to your request with a post.
    Use it if the information provided by someone has actually helped you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
    I use the thanks button, but I always make sure to also let people know how I appreciate their help personally in the thread itself. Taking an extra moment or two to publicly thank someone encourages them as well as others to continue going out of their way to pass on their knowledge and good will. I love hearing when my experience actually made a difference for someone else, as the more people share their experience the more we all learn.
    Hi Matt, someone once said, doing a good turn is like wetting oneself when wearing dark clothes, you get a lovely warm felling, but no one seems to notice.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    Hi Matt, someone once said, doing a good turn is like wetting oneself when wearing dark clothes, you get a lovely warm felling, but no one seems to notice.
    I think helping is about the act itself, not the thanks. I think the Thanks button here is a nice tool, I have used it sparingly, pretty much in the sense Clint suggests, but my belief is that most people would help without it.

It's still great to feel some appreciation when you devote a bit of your time to help, and some replies do require some effort, though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    I think helping is about the act itself, not the thanks. I think the Thanks button here is a nice tool, I have used it sparingly, pretty much in the sense Clint suggests, but my belief is that most people would help without it.

It's still great to feel some appreciation when you devote a bit of your time to help, and some replies do require some effort, though.
    Hi rui, someone else asked, 'Why does your dog turn two or three times before lying down' its simple said she, one good turn deserves another.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!