Thread: Lotus 123

New Lounger
    Thanks

Lotus 123

Please forgive what is probably an inane question from a newbie ignoramus.

I have the misfortune to have to use Lotus at work, and I have a considerable amount of personal emails on my work laptop.

I retire next year and would like to copy all my personal emails to an external harddrive before handing back the laptop, but I can find no way of doing this. Does anybody out there have any suggestions? Thank you in advance for all and any advice.

Thanks
    I have not used Lotus 123 since the old DOS days. I don't remember it having email capability back when the dinosaurs roamed the planet, but things certainly have changed over the years.

Is there an export feature that will allow you to export all your archived mail in a format that can be read by another readily available email client?

BTW, welcome to the Lounge, Wortkettle. I hope you arrive at a workable solution to this issue.
    Last edited by Deadeye81; 2011-10-06 at 15:07. Reason: welcome

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, I'm assuming you mean Lotus Notes, and not 123. AFAIK, 123 doesn't do email.

That said, I use Notes at work as well, and there is one option for saving your emails. I'm on Notes 8, and if you select the folder you have the emails you want to save (or go thru and select the various individual emails), you can then choose File -> Export. The dialog box that comes up gives you the options of where to put the exported file, and what format. The default is Structured Text, and this will simply copy your emails into one big file. You can experiment with the other options, but this may be the simplest. Be aware, this will only copy the text of the emails and the headers, NOT any attachments. Those you will have to save separately.

This isn't the greatest solution, but it's the only one I've found for Notes so far.

Good Luck!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks