New Lounger
    Thanks

Mouse Cursor goes to center of app window

This issue started a couple months ago and is very annoying.
    When I click on a task bar application button the mouse cursor going to the center of that application's window instead of just staying on top of the task bar button. If I want to just click an app button to check some data on a window I have to then move the mouse back to where it was. This is extremely annoying when you are switching back and forth between applications.

When I open Firefox the cursor goes to the upper left corner of my desktop. This started the same time the above started.

I have Windows XP SP3 and have all updates. The mouse is a Microsoft trackball explorer I have had since they first came out way back when and is the only mouse I have found that fits my hand. I have x-mouse turned on so focus follows the mouse without the application being brought to the front.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Did you update the mouse software about the time this started happening?

Have you checked the Pointer Options settings in the Microsoft Mouse software?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The software for this mouse has not been updated for at least 8 years since they stopped making it. I have not changed the software at all. As far as I know it is the default driver etc that Windows uses for mouse drivers. Same driver I have used since I rebuilt the system a year ago.

This issue just started in about the last two months. No changes have been in the driver etc. that I am aware of. I have checked the settings and they are the same as they have always been.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    According to Microsoft Trackball downloads version 8.2 is available for XP. I'm sure that is newer than the default Windows driver. I'm just not sure if it will resolve your issue.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    as I thought this only had the effect of it not even showing my trackball in the control panel. Says no compatible mouse found and I Have no access to program the buttons or wheel. I'm currently trying to get my old setup restored so I at least have that.