3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outline Numbering / Multi Level Lists

In Word 2003 I can create a style, go to Numbering and select Outline Numbering in the tabs presented to set up what I want. Later I can select that style, go to its numbering and select Customise so that I can amend whatever. So far so good.

In Word 2010 if I go that route the tabs are just of Numbering and Bullets, no Outline Numbering tab. I can create what I want by going to Multi Level Lists but I cannot see how I can then go back to that MLL and amend it.

Can someone tell me what it is that I am missing? Thanks.

Thanks
    I don't work with these often as I have mine set up in templates and use them.
    I followed essentially the instructions on Shauna Kelly's site in setting them up. http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...g20072010.html
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Charles Kenyon For This Useful Post:

rcull999 (2011-10-20)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    In earlier versions, MS called it "customizing" but we were really creating new lists. In W2007/10, we define a new list every time we want to change or customize settings for a built-in list. So, put the cursor in the first number level 1 paragraph (often Heading 1) in the document, then click the multilevel list icon and Define new multilevel list.

Also new to W2007/10 are list styles. Like other styles they can be named, modified, and deleted. I think the change from "customize" to "define new" was to help users understand the difference between regular multilevel lists (can't be modified) and list styles (can be modified).

Pam

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Charles and Pam. I thought I had email notification of replies set up, hence not coming back sooner.

Charles: I did in fact find that page soon after, it is an excellent resource.

Pam: Hopefully it will be made possible to truly change multilevel lists as well in the future.

Again, thanks to both of you.