2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem Connecting Printer

I am running Windows Pro 7 - 64 bit
    I very recently uninstalled my router, Belkin and reinstalled Linksys E3200. Everything reinstalled except my HP Laserjet 4050TN. It has an ethernet cable that plugs into the Linksky, but I can't get Linksky to recognize it. Is there an IP address that I need to key in? With the Belkin, it was 192.168.1.140 but that doesn't seem to work with Linksys.

The HP has a menu and I've gone through it and turned on all the TCI/IP switches but still can't get it to work. The Linksys has a USB plugin, but the HP does not.

I tried everything I know, but nothing has worked. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ray

Thanks
    Have you run the software that came with the router. I have the Linksys 4200, and the S/W connected to the printer right away. I do not have an HP. I have a Canon. I have my Canon All-in-one connected through ethernet cable to router. I can print from 2 wireless laptopss and through USB cable from my desktop PC.

Cisco shows firmware and Cicso Connect software here. If you haven't tried the Cisco Connect give it a try.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ted,
    thanks for your reply. I finally had the printer to print out the info and it gave me the IP address as 192.168.1.120, but one other little item that I had overlooked was the "name" of the location. When Linksys E3200 installed, it named the Homegroup as LargeDog. When I put in "LargeDog," it started printing. Ah, details.

Thanks
    Yea, names are important. I wonder where it got the name LargeDog from??? Wierd!!!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy