Thread: IIf Statement

Lounger
    Thanks

Question IIf Statement

I am trying to create an expression in a query, if "Roles" in table "Schedule" shows "PM" and "Role" in table "Contacts Extended" is not equal to "PM" then give me the "Rate of Pay" + $2 otherwise give me "Rate of Pay." I keep getting an #Error message in the "Rate" column

Rate: IIf(([Schedule.ROLEs]="PM") And ([Contacts Extended.Role]<>"PM"), ([Rate of Pay]+2),[Rate of Pay])

PM is coming from table Roles as a lookup in both tables, and shows as Text.

HELP!!!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brandy9271 View Post

I am trying to create an expression in a query, if "Roles" in table "Schedule" shows "PM" and "Role" in table "Contacts Extended" is not equal to "PM" then give me the "Rate of Pay" + $2 otherwise give me "Rate of Pay." I keep getting an #Error message in the "Rate" column

Rate: IIf(([Schedule.ROLEs]="PM") And ([Contacts Extended.Role]<>"PM"), ([Rate of Pay]+2),[Rate of Pay])

PM is coming from table Roles as a lookup in both tables, and shows as Text.

HELP!!!

First, change your syntax to this: [Schedule].Roles and [Contacts Extended].Role

The other thing is that you appear to be using a Lookup, so you may be disguising the datatype of Role (or Roles) in the tables. For example, what datatype is Schedule.Role if you look in the table in design mode?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkLiquorman For This Useful Post:

brandy9271 (2011-10-09)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Schedule.Role is showing as text in the table design mode and a combo box look up, now I am getting the following error

New Picture.png

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The error message in you post tells us that role in contacts extended is a multi value field.
    How do you expect this to work with a multi valued field?
    Which value should it be compared with?
    Regards
    John