New Lounger
    Thanks

Sync BlackBerry With Outlook 2007: Missing Connector?

Hello everyone.A couple of weeks ago I did something (an overly-aggressive Registry clean-up, perhaps?) and have been unable to synchronize my BlackBerry (Curve 8330) with my Outlook 2007 since. Other than this obvious symptom, Outlook doesn't appear as an option (when configuring the synchronization settings) in the drop-down menu within the BB desktop software. I've removed Outlook and reinstalled it; I've removed BlackBerry software and reinstalled it (various versions, in fact) and read countless forums and MSKB articles. I've even registerered (regsvr32) the MSOutlookConnector.fil file, which didn't help.What I think has happened, and I'd love to be corrected if I am wrong, is that my ilxolk.fil file is missing and none of the reinstalls put it back. So, I'm asking for help.First, if someone would illuminate me as to what's going (or not, actually) on and provide a remedy, I'd be grateful. Second, if someone has a copy of the ilxolk.fil file and would be willing to send it to me, I'd be grateful for that as well. And since I don't actually have that file, I am willing to take whatever sizes, versions and dates of that file anyone may have.Thanks so much and I look forward to your assistance.skeetre2

Thanks
    Try removing the BB desktop Software using Revo Uninstaller set to Advanced mode.... this will clean out the BB files from your registry. You might have something left in there after you removed it that is still causing the problem. You might also visit the BB Curve Forum.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    t8ntlikly,

Thanks for your input.

I have both installed and uninstalled numerous versions of BBDM since this problem began. The uninstalls have been done with both the BB software as well as Advanced Uninstaller Pro. There is always something to clean up from the uninstallations: files and registry entries.

The latest is that I've been able to get installed and "working" the most-recent BBDM version; however, the lack of Outlook appearing in the BBDM Profile continues. I've even removed and reinstalled Outlook.

I'll check out the BB forum you mentioned to see if anyone has some insights.

Thanks again.