New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Two-variable table brings the same value if I create a copy of the tab

Why would Excel not calculate 2-variable data table correctly if I copy the tab? It keeps bringing the same value, which is the result of the formula reference.

I am trying to create 2 sensitivity tables in one workbook. I created one, which works fine, then I copied the tab and copied over the sensitivity table into it. I used same inputs and formula that drive the table. First tab works fine. The second (copied tab) has the same value (result of the formula) across entire 2-variable table. In some of my attempts I got correct results in columns but then entire column has the same value.

I have itirations enabled and autocalculation is on. The formula, upon which the sensitivity table is based gets its result from multiple feeding tabs, but the values that create the result of the formula are in the same tab where the table is located.

Intrigued! Thank you for your help and any advice on those tables.....

KGB

Thanks
    Why do you have iterations enabled? I seem to recall reading that that is unpredictable with data tables.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have other calculations that are predicated on circular reference. Do I need to disable iterations?

Thanks
    I think I had misremembered it - it seems circular references are tolerated in data tables anyway.
    Does your second data table work if you create it from scratch rather than copying it?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

New Lounger
    Thanks
    No, tried making it from scratch, not working either.