Thread: DOS Games

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

DOS Games

I have just upgraded from XP 32 bit (SP3) to Win7 Ultimate 32 bit.
    All of my existing games executed properly on XP (even my beloved DOS games), whenever I attempt to run any DOS game on Win7 (via compatibility mode and using the XP specs as shown above); a small black screen appears below the following message: ‘This system does not support full screen mode. Choose close to terminate the application;’ with the addition of close & ignore dialogue boxes.

Choosing Close, speaks for itself. But choosing Ignore, only gets rid of the message but the screen remains with no change.

Even if I use the machine’s recommended settings, I’m still at a dead end. I never did use compatability mode before; so I would like to request guidance on how to use compatability mode (eg: after applying the mode is a reset or shutdown needed for the settings to take effect)?

Thanks
    Hi Robko,

Not sure if this article will help you play your DOS games, but it might be worth a look. I used this about a year ago and it worked fine for me on Win 7 64-bit.

Good luck!
    John
    Dell Inspiron 530 Intel Pentium E2180 dual core @2.00 GHz 4GB Ram Win7 64 bit

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use DosDox (http://www.dosbox.com/). I lets me play my old DOS games on Windows (I have Win 7, 64-bit) and Linux. My daughter uses it on her MacBook to play old games.