New Lounger
    Thanks

Uwanted ad-bar blocking posts

Love the new Forum format, it is a system I know well so I feel right at home!

However, what is this ad bar that is blocking access to two Lounge posts, and how do I shift it?

See screen dump attached. Right-click and choose open in new window to see details, close window to return to original post.

Cheers

Billy

Edit: I have since noticed that it appears on the Lounge and Windows forums as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Billy T; 2011-10-13 at 00:06.

Thanks
    Billy, Good morning and welcome to the Lounge. It's always nice to see new posters.

I do not see anything like this, but then I use IE 9 and IE 10 (with Win 8 DP) to surf and check the Lounge. I occ. use Google Chrome with no problems encountered as well. I do not have FF installed. Did this begin to occur after a FF update? Or other updates? Has anything changed just prior to this occurence? Perhaps a restoration to just before this happened would solve the problem.

I do not know of any changes recently with the Lounge that would have caused this.

Does this occur on any other sites or forums you visit?
    Last edited by Medico; 2011-10-13 at 05:52.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    That information bar normally appears at the bottom of every Lounge screen. That is where I see it using IE9, Firefox 6 and 7, as well as Safari. You might want to clear your browser Internet cache. What your are seeing has not been reported by anyone else to my knowledge.

Thanks
    Good pick up Gerald. I never paid much attention to that info at the bottom.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Hi Billy,
    Just to let you know, I also have had issues with FF that no one else gets. Mine are fixed, hope yours is soon.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    In your screen shot, almost all of the footer content has floated up on the right size. The resource links box is simply way too wide to stay in the footer so it sticks out into the page. Compare the text above the box in the attached.

Perhaps whatever is removing the iNET logo is breaking the page layout. Have you tested with AdBlock Plus disabled?

To try to prevent that area from floating up without actually tracking down the cause, you could copy the following and paste it to the address bar and pressing Enter. It either should move that content back down or it should display an error message. If nothing happens, then the script probably is being blocked. (Note: In newer versions of Firefox, you can't run scripts directly from the address bar any more, however the power's screen shot looks like Firefox 3.6.)

Code:
    javascript:if(document.querySelector(".below_body"))document.querySelector(".below_body").style.clear="both";else alert("The below_body container is missing"); void 0;
    Or, since you have Stylish installed, try creating a userstyle for windowssecets.org with this rule:

Code:
    .below_body{clear:both;}
    Any luck?
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Gee!

That's a bit more complicated than I expected. I do run Adblock but it doesn't interfere with any other site using this forum software. I don't know anything about Stylish but I'll have a look around and see what info I can find.

I'm a long time WS member going back about 10 years or so but don't need to use it for advice as I am a founder member of our local PCWorld forum and sort most problems locally. Unfortunately I know very little about FF add-ons etc.

Edit: I forgot to mention, it appeared as soon as I logged on to the new Lounge format. There were no changes to my system or anything like that, and it is OK on all other sites including those using the same forum software.

Cheers

Billy
    Last edited by Billy T; 2011-10-28 at 05:04.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy T View Post
    I do run Adblock but it doesn't interfere with any other site using this forum software.
    So you can disable Adblock just for this site...