New Lounger
    Thanks

Genuine Windows 7

I have had Windows 7 installed for over a year, now in the last few weeks I keep getting a nag screen telling me I am not running genuine windows. There is a validate button but when I click on it all it does is take me to a page to buy a genuine copy. I upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Pro using anytime upgrade so I don't have a disk for it, but do have the product Key. Any suggestions on how to stop the nags?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Hi,

Welcome to the Lounge.

See if the advice in the 2nd post here is of any help: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...5-f3e1aa0890ce

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sillime View Post
    Any suggestions on how to stop the nags?
    silli,
    Hello...I get them every now and again .. When i do a recovery (Acronis) running it from within Windows.. EX: when running my Windows 7 \ 64 and using Acronis to restore an "Image " of another system to another hard drive. When re-booting i just "X" out the screen that says "not genuine" or some such thing ... and the "Nag screen", lower right pop up is gone, until the next "Recovery"...Seems to be a "quirk" of some kind... Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    As Rui states, this problem might be resolved using the method shown in the linked article. I have found that a simple phone call to MS is usually very effective in resolving these problems. I have had to make the call on a couple of occasions with very good results. MS does want to solve your activation problems. They are not the Big Bad Empire some like to portray them as being. Give it a try.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy