New Lounger
    Thanks

Question What does "The webpage hosts another webpage" mean?

From this weeks WindowsSecrets newsletter, I learned that after installing KB 2586448, Internet Explorer 7 users might see a glitch. The patch notes at http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;2628724 state:

Consider the following scenario when you use Internet Explorer 7 to browse a webpage:
    • The webpage hosts another webpage that is in a different domain.
    • The hosted webpage has window restrictions enabled. By default, this is Internet and Restricted sites only.
    • The hosted webpage contains a select control, such as list or combo box.
    In this scenario, when the hosting page tries to display the combo box or drop-down value from the hosted page, the combo box or list is not displayed.
    Our business uses an iframe on our website to show a booking engine from another domain, and the booking engine contains dropdown boxes. Is this iframe what is referred to by "The webpage hosts another webpage that is in a different domain."? I have a horrible feeling that I have answered my own question, but I need to be sure.

Basically, my question is, what does Microsoft mean by the phrase "The webpage hosts another webpage that is in a different domain."

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure they do mean an iframe. It's hard to picture any other scenario where the article could apply.

If you no longer have IE7 but you have a pro version of Windows 7, you can install XP Mode so you have a test environment with IE7. Don't expect that to be completed in a hurry...

Anyway, I'm sure many people have IE7 available for testing if you want to provide a URL.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The url would be http://www.worldwide-motorhome-hire.com, and the booking engine appears in the top right of the page. There are various dropdown boxes on the engine.

I don't see how we can mitigate this "feature". This class of booking engine is used a lot, car hire firms use it in affiliate engines quite a bit. 10% of our visitors use IE7, so it's non-trivial.

*sigh*