Thanks

Unhappy An interesting and scary read

After reading the following article from Emsisoft (makers of Emisoft anti-malware) I thought I would post the link here. It is not a long article but well worth reading.

Here is a quote from the start of the article.

[quote/]Since the start of October 2011 this has been the major domestic political topic in Germany: the Federal Trojan, also known as the State Trojan or Bavarian Trojan. Analysis of parts of the governmental spy software has already raised cause for concern. In addition to what seems to be a clear violation of the directives of the German Federal Constitutional Court this also endangers the computer security of normal citizens.[end quote/]

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/kb/articl...1/default.aspx

I am wondering just how many other governments (for example) are following Germany. I would also like to know if the danger is only confined to Germany, which I seriously doubt, or if it all Internet users world wide.
    ErnieK

Thanks
    I am wondering just how many other governments (for example) are following Germany. I would also like to know if the danger is only confined to Germany, which I seriously doubt, or if it all Internet users world wide.
    Probably/certainly far more prevalent than one would think. Your not going to know about most of this anyway.
    I would think that this would be a standard purview for some of the top intelligence agencies around the world. (to have such a capability)
    The creators would have to be carefull enough to be able to credibly envoke some form of plausible deniability.
    Remember stuxnet?

Thanks
    I wonder how they authenticated the source of the software if it looks just like any other trojan? Could it be hype??