Thread: dot net updates

Thanks

dot net updates

Is there an install-order to these? i.e. should you install the 3.5.1 before the 4 updates? I have not had any problem installing any of these but generally wait for the go ahead from Woody in his blog. I did start to download

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2572078)

last night and it was taking so long that I was about to fall asleep at the keyboard, so I cancelled it. Think it must have been an ISP problem. Will try it again when I have bandwidth to spare.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    Updates for 3.5.1. are independent of those for 4. The order doesn't matter, just leave the decision to Windows update.
    Last edited by ruirib; 2011-10-14 at 11:34.

Thanks
    Downloaded and installed without issue here.

Thanks
    Well Drat! Here is what I wrote to Susan Bradley last night (since she asked for feedback)

Today I downloaded and installed a couple other updates with no problem so went back to do the two .nets pending. Again took forever, but finally reached the completed stage and ready to install. Ha! After an hour they had not completed and I did a forced shut down. On reboot, I find that neither of them show has downloaded or installed.

I am on a limited download satellite system, so I will keep them hidden forever, Amen, I guess.

I'm going in to my office in town with DSL in a little while, and will try it there on my lap top, hopefully getting the download from the MS site itself and see what happens.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    They went fine on both my pcs.

Thanks
    Update! I downloaded the two current pending dot net updates direct from Microsoft, installed them separately on my laptop and then here on the desk top. No problem-o. I'll install on DH laptop later on but expect no trouble. (famous last words???)