Lounger
    Thanks

Win Live. Won't accept more than 2 photo attachments

When I try to email more then 2 photo's it will not work. Get error message saying message is too large. Is there some way I can take the photos and reduce the pixel density? May not be as clear, but at least they would go.
    I sometimes get emails with 8 or 10 photos attached,,, so a mystery to me why mine won't go?

Thanks
    PackGy, Welcome to the Lounge. new members are always very welcome.

How big are the pics you are attaching? Perhaps the emails you receive have had the pics made smaller first. There may be a limit by your ISP as to total email size including attachments.
    Last edited by Medico; 2011-10-13 at 14:35.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Put your pics in a folder then use 7Zip to compress it. http://www.filehippo.com/download_7zip_32/

RR.JPG
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    A compression app will work if you wish to open the files at the other end full sized, but they have to be decompressed at the other end. WLM has the ability to resize the pics when they are attached. I use MS Picture Manager (part of Office, I think from 2003 and more recent) to resize pics before I attach them. My wife likes the feature in WLM. "Different strokes for different folks!"
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Just to clarify, I have no trouble adding multiple photos without zipping as I am still using WLM 2009 x 2.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you have a Hotmail or Live or maybe MSN email account you are using? I think most maybe do if they are using WLM. If not, and you get one then you have free storage allotted to you online where when you send a photo email, it just sends the thumbnails in the actual email, so it doesn't clutter up anybody's inbox, and the recipient can click on the thumbnails or otherwise download the full resolution pics you sent that were uploaded to your free storage area in the background when you sent the email.
    There's probably a limit but you can certainly send a dozen or more full resolution pics at once for anyone to enjoy.

Either that or try a larger scale sending service like yousendit.com. I think the limit is 100 MB or something like that for free, same concept except you are using their free storage area (up to a point) temporarily. Picasa Web Album is free also up to 2 gigs I think.

Many ways to skin that rabbit and not have to bow to the quality reduction god.
    Last edited by Infinicore; 2011-10-13 at 19:54.