New Lounger
    Thanks

How can I copy Word 2007 macros to Outlook 2007?

Word 2007, like Wood 2003, allows me to easily record macros and assign them to keyboard keys. Those same Word 2003 macros were available in Outlook 2003 since that version of Outlook used the Word editor, but no such luck in Outlook 2007.

I have tried to copy the code from my Word 2007 macros and paste it into the macro editor in Outlook 2007, but I can't get this to work. As you can tell, I don't know anything about VB coding.

Is there some elementary way to copy my Word 2007 macros over to Outlook 2007 and assign them to keyboard keys?

Thanks for any help you can share!

Don

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chambless View Post
    Is there some elementary way to copy my Word 2007 macros over to Outlook 2007 and assign them to keyboard keys?
    There are some major differences between document-based programs like Word, Excel and even PowerPoint, and Outlook. In Outlook, your main containers are an "explorer" (e.g., the view of your Inbox) and an "inspector" (e.g., a window for viewing/editing a message or appointment). Also, Outlook, for security reasons, makes many more properties read-only, and with respect to the content of messages, it simply isn't as programmable as a document.

That said, if there is a particular function you want to add, you might be able to do it. What's on your mind?

Regarding the keyboard shortcuts, Outlook doesn't have a convenient way to set those. (There might be an inconvenient way, but my old toolbar-based tricks aren't going to work in a ribbon world...)
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-10-13 at 15:49. Reason: Forgot.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscher2000 For This Useful Post:

chambless (2011-10-16)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    That said, if there is a particular function you want to add, you might be able to do it. What's on your mind?
    I would like to be able to do several things with a keystroke combination, especially:

a) To change to a particular font, size and color

b) To insert a particular signature (in a particular font, size and color); I have several of these I'd like to use.

I could do these things easily in Outlook 2003; it seems ironic that this becomes difficult or even impossible in the "upgraded" Outlook 2007.

Thanks,

Don
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-10-16 at 22:13. Reason: Repaired quote tag.