2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Autofill a field when adding a new record - Access 2007

I have a "continuous forms" form page. When I click on the new record at the bottom of the lists of records, I would like the database to automatically fill in the first field of the new record with the same info that is in the same field in the previous record.

For example: I have a field called StudentNumber. On a screen for a student, that field has the same number in it is all the records that appear on this queried form. When I go to the new record, I want the same student number to appear automatically in the new record.

Thanks for the help.

Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Here is a Microsoft Article on this subject.

But it might be possible to do it more simply. Depends on just what you are doing
    If you have multiple records for the one student, and you have a screen for that student, with a continuous subform for the multiple records, then the link master and child properties would fill in the student number automatically.

If you don't have a form/subform, you could still have the student number in the form header, then set the default value for student numnber to the displayed number in the header.
    Regards
    John

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, John

I used one of your approaches to make the form work the way I want it to work.