Lounger
    Thanks

How To Delete A Favorites Folder?

Have Windows 7 Professional and IE 9. Cannot delete certain folders under "Favorites." In one folder I have about five items. Can click on one and then deleted "delete." Nothing happens. It's still there. In another fairly new folder, I clicked on it and it was immediately deleted. Can you offer some suggestions as to how I can delete a folder or a sub-folder under "Favorites?" Thanks!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried looking directly in your favorites folder in your user profile for the folder? I don't use IE9 so I don't know if handles favorites in the same manner but if they're there you should be able to delete them and if not it might be a permissions issue.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your response. Believe it is a permission issue, as you suggest -- even though I am the "administrator."

Thanks
    1st.....you're only the Administrator as far as Microsoft wants you to be. Eh?
    They are still the Ultimate Administrator. rofl

You and everyone else, using either Vista, Win-7 or even Win-8 should be using either "Take Ownership" or "Grant Full Admin Control". (my personal preference)

Because, even if you think you're an Administrator, windows will limit what you can do with your computer.
    I've never figured that out. But I've given up mucking about with it. Now, I just install "Grand Full Admin Control" and I'm able to become the Owner of any file or folder in the PC. When I set up any Windows PC, nowadays, I take control of every pertinent folder in the PC, so I don't have to mess with it later on.

If you can't find "Grant Full Admin Control" anyplace else, you can download it here:
    http://www.box.net/shared/hfjzhq3z64e2f475dvn1

(Admin, if this link is not appropriate, just remove it, or, I'll remove it. No problemo!)

Cheers Mates!
    The Doctor

PS: As a computer tech, of 30 years or so, no file or folder on any PC is safe from deletion.

I just boot up the PC with my DOS Utilities CD or Flash Drive and then run NTFS4DOS, which
    opens up an NTFS hard drive to access from a DOS prompt. I can then bypass all permissions,
    which are a function of windows, not DOS, and delete or rename any file or folder in the PC.

Power to the people!
    Last edited by DrWho; 2011-10-18 at 13:26.
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!