4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Not all drives mapped using net use in logon

We use a NTSLOGIN.BAT script in our NT user profiles. The problem is after they login and the script runs not all the drives are getting mapped. Here's what I have in the script:

net use k: babysnapdata /persistent:no
    net use l: babysnapforms /persistent:no
    net use m: lssntsapps /persistent:no
    net use p: hp000242public /persistent:no
    net use s: dteservermatters /persistent:no

I believe the problem mapping to the HP000242 Win2K Pro workstation has to do with the 10 concurrent user limit. Sometimes it gets mapped and sometimes it doesn't. Especially if they login in the afternoon for some reason.

LSSNTS and DTESERVER which are NT351 servers map okay.

What stumps me is the BabySnap. The BabySnap is a Quantum Snap Server 2000, Lanman 2.2 Server. Sometimes both K and L will map correctly. Sometimes K will map but L won't. I found that if I put the Net Use for L line before the Net Use for K line that it'll sometimes be the other way around; sometimes K will map but L won't. At least half the time, though, both K and L will map just fine. There's no consistency and it can't be recreated. All we can tell our callers is to log off and back on to see if K drive will come back. Most of the time it will; a few times even that won't work.

I'm really pulling my hair out on this one. [img]/w3timages/icons/hairy.gif[/img] I'm hoping the answer is simply and I'm just missing it. Can any one tell me what the problem is or what the answer is? I have a second Quantum Snap Server, 4100 this time, that I need to get in use ASAP but can't until I get this solved.
    Daisy

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Not all drives mapped using net use in logon

Don't know if this will help but in our login script we delete our mappings (net use L: /delete) and then remap them. I also am not sure on why you are using the "/persistent:no" statement in your script. Anyway, good luck and I hope this helps..

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Not all drives mapped using net use in logon

It's my understanding the "/persistent" switch is like checking or unchecking the "reconnect at logon" box if you map in Explorer. So "/persistent:no" means don't reconnect at logon. No need to delete the drive before mapping in the script. Is using this a bad idea?
    Daisy