New Lounger
    Thanks

Indent and tabulation alignment variation.

I have a legal document where the central part of one of the pages have a slight shift in position of indent. The difference, lining-up the paragraph number of the central paragraphs with the first and last paragraph on that page, is the thickness of letter 'i'. Not a lot, but I cannot see any way that the position could be out of position at all. I have other reasons as well to suspect that the page has been tampered with. Can anybody come up with an explanation?

Thanks
    This is in a live Word document or on a printout?

With left alignment, everything should be pixel perfect. However, with left-right justified alignment, I think there can be occasional discrepancies.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscher2000 For This Useful Post:

baleen (2011-10-18)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    This is in a live Word document or on a printout?

With left alignment, everything should be pixel perfect. However, with left-right justified alignment, I think there can be occasional discrepancies.
    It is on a print-out I have. I belive it may be done by old-fashioned 'cut-and-paste'.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Are the affected paragraphs autonumbered (as part of an outline numbered list, or multilevel list, depending on which version of Word you're using), and are the paragraphs formatted to be center-aligned?
    If so, something to check would be the 'Number Position' setting for the autonumber in the Outline Numbered List/Multilevel List dialog: the Number Position should be set to 'Left' (not 'Centered'), and 'Aligned at' should be set to 0.

Gary