4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

cross tab query in subform possible? (97)

cross tab query in subform possible?
    A cross tab query has a nice X & Y axis look to it & I

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: cross tab query in subform possible? (97)

Hi Arage

Cross-tab queries take data in a query and use the values in one column to create a column for each value. This effectively spins the table around.

As far as I know, you cannot enter values into a Cross-tab query (because of the way it calculates the 'values', they are aggregates of individual fields).

The way around this would be to create your table to 'look' like the structure you want to enter into and base your form on this table. Then at a later stage, use some make table and append queries to turn the column names in your table into values in a new table (or if you didn't want to do this you could just leave the table how it was).

Hope that this helps

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: cross tab query in subform possible? (97)

Crosstabs are NOT updateable, period. There are datagrid controls that give you a similar effect, but they're tricky to use and have licensing issues. I'd avoid getting too fancy with "look" and stick to getting the job done. Using a two-stage process with an intermediate table, as Jayden suggests, is a possibility, but it requires quite a bit of extra work to get the data into and out of the underlying active tables and it means that any multi-user data doesn't get updated immediately.
    Charlotte