New Lounger
    Thanks

Export Contacts Empty (OL98)

I am trying to export the contents of a contact folder to MS Excel. The steps seem fairly straightforward, but when I open the file in Excel, I only have the header line -- no data! When I get to the final step, the "Map Custom Fields" button does not exist. Can anyone offer advise/assistance? I did look to delete the contacts.adr file as per the Microsoft's support article ID Q185418, but it doesn't exist.

Thanks

Re: Export Contacts Empty (OL98)

What format are you trying to export in?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I'm exporting my contacts from Outlook to MS Excel. It appears to function all the way to the end, no error messages or anything. All I get though is a file with the headers but no data.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Some additional information which may be helpful. This particular contact list is not the "default" contacts that Outlook originally sets up. I CAN successfully export my default contacts folder. This is a separate folder (named "vendors"), that I used to use with a contact form I created (I just added a couple of additional fields). I have converted those contacts back to the default form using the omsgclas.exe utility before attempting this export. I have also tried importing the vendors contacts into a new PST file (which was successful) so that I could export from the default contact folder (no dice). I suspect I've goofed up something when I used a non-standard form.

The entire reasoning for exporting these contacts to MS Excel is so that I can import the data into Lotus Notes.