Lounger
    Thanks

Error Message, Win XP, SP3

2011-10-19_124709.jpg

Hello all, first time here and glad to have discovered the forum.
    The error message happens when attempt to close XYplorer. The developer is well aware of the issue based on various bug reports but has been unable to ID the reason or the source. It happens on XP OS however, not to all users. Ultimately, I thought may be some of you be able to recognize the error message and perhaps provide suggestions.
    It happens mostly when external USB drive (200GB) is attached and I move/copy/paste files to internal HD or from the HD to portable one however, it has happened while exclusively working on files and directories of the HD.

I thank you in advance for any information.

Regards,

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc1 View Post
    2011-10-19_124709.jpg

cmc,
    Hello...and and welcome to W.S. Lounge... How much memory (RAM) do you have installed ? and what is the size of your "Page File"?(My Computer>Click on C:>Page File) As some PC's (XP) only came with 512 MB. If you not sure, Right Click on MY Computer and select "Properties" Regards Fred
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-10-19 at 15:14.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Fred View Post
    cmc,
    Hello...and and welcome to W.S. Lounge... How much memory (RAM) do you have installed ? and what is the size of your "Page File"?(My Computer>Click on C:>Page File) As some PC's (XP) only came with 512 MB. If you not sure, Right Click on MY Computer and select "Properties" Regards Fred
    Hello, and thanks for the welcome.
    2 Gig mem
    Pagefile curenty at 1.99 Gig

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, and thanks for the welcome.
    2 Gig mem
    Pagefile curenty at 1.99 Gig
    cmc,
    Hello ....If the problem is only associated with XYplorer.. it might be trying to use more "Memory" than you have ... you can try a few things
    1. go to this site and let "crucial" scan the PC to see whats up with your RAM and Motherboard Crucial Scan

2. you can run a "MemTestX86" to check your RAM. To make sure it's OK, Let it run for as many cycles that you can. (Click on Free Download link).MemTestX86

Regards Fred
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-10-19 at 17:19.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Lounger
    Thanks
    cmc,
    Hello ....If the problem is only associated with XYplorer.. it might be trying to use more "Memory" than you have ... you can try a few things
    1. go to this site and let "crucial" scan the PC to see whats up with your RAM and Motherboard Crucial Scan

2. you can run a "MemTestX86" to check your RAM. To make sure it's OK, Let it run for as many cycles that you can. (Click on Free Download link).MemTestX86

Regards Fred
    Thanks for looking into this. I have ran memtest (all cycles) and no indication of any problem. It is hard to believe that XYplorer is begging for memory as review of mem consumption while application is active does not point to that assumption. Additionally, if a small utility program needs more memory than Adobe photoshop, then it is time to drop it however, I do not think a file management program would require that amount of memory. The fact that the program operates flawlessly until attempt to close it, puts doubt in mind that shortage of mem is a factor. Any other recommendations?

Thanks again and please post back if any other thoughts cross your mind. Regards,

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks again and please post back if any other thoughts cross your mind.
    cmc,
    Hello.. Did you run the crucial scan?.....Also you could also increase your "page file" just as a test..The "smoking gun " is the XYplorer program .. If no other program does this, or exhibits the problem of a "Memory issue" (that's what the error code points to) don't know what else it could be. Regards Fred

PS: How much space is left on your HD (C)
    PS: Also Open "Resource Monitor"> Memory>Overview.. and observe (check for Hard Faults)...Maybe "Photo Shop" is running in background?
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-10-19 at 19:30.
    PlainFred

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    2011-10-19_124709.jpg

Hello all, first time here and glad to have discovered the forum.
    The error message happens when attempt to close XYplorer. The developer is well aware of the issue based on various bug reports but has been unable to ID the reason or the source. It happens on XP OS however, not to all users. Ultimately, I thought may be some of you be able to recognize the error message and perhaps provide suggestions.
    It happens mostly when external USB drive (200GB) is attached and I move/copy/paste files to internal HD or from the HD to portable one however, it has happened while exclusively working on files and directories of the HD.

Regards,
    Honestly, from your own explanation, I would say this is an issue with that specific application, XYplorer, even more so because it seems a common error message with it. If you don't get the error with any other app, I would think the only solution would be a fix released by the developer.

Lounger
    Thanks
    cmc,
    Hello.. Did you run the crucial scan?.....Also you could also increase your "page file" just as a test..The "smoking gun " is the XYplorer program .. If no other program does this, or exhibits the problem of a "Memory issue" (that's what the error code points to) don't know what else it could be. Regards Fred

PS: How much space is left on your HD (C)
    PS: Also Open "Resource Monitor"> Memory>Overview.. and observe (check for Hard Faults)...Maybe "Photo Shop" is running in background?
    Thanks for the info. 300 Gig free space. Nothing (substantial) in the background, System Explorer reports 80% free mem and only 300 mb pagefile in use when the issue occurs, and I am well aware of the fact it is an isolated (application (XYPlorer) related) issue but, it was worth a shot to check here just in case.

I appreciate your review of the posts.

Regards