3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Router Recommendations

I'm researching routers to set up a wireless LAN for my son. I'm looking in the $70.00 max price range.

So far, it seems that the Belkin N600DB provides the features I want. I picked this as the strawman because I have a Belkin (older model), and it's been rock solid for a couple of years,

However, it's been suggested that D-Link or Linksys routers are superior to Belkin, so I'm looking for your inputs, hopefully based on experience.
    The models that I've found at that price level are the Linksys E1550 and the D-Link DIR-615, although I'm not sure that they have all the features that the Belkin has.

Any other recommendations (and your reason for the recommendation) would be welcome.

Thank you.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I have used quite a few and all perform as required. The only time you might want something more expensive is if you require VPN endpoints on the router or other extra features. Apart from that I pay a little as possible.

cheers, Paul

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, Paul.
    I ended up purchasing the Linksys E1550, based on online reviews, and first-hand recommendations about reliability and ease of setup. Apart from the few extra features that the Belkin had, there were a significant number of complaints about the difficulty of setting it up. And I didn't speak to anyone that was enthusiastic about D-Link.
    I'll find out first hand this weekend.