Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2007: variation of a bullet style

I have made 3 named bullet styles (Bullet 1, Bullet 2, and Bullet 3) using the multi-level list. Each has leading of 6 points below. I want to make a variation of the Bullet 1 style called Bullet_lastline which would be the based on Bullet 1 but would have 12 points of leading below. I done this in the actual template file.

Seems simple, but it is NOT working. I have the correct indent and font and leading but NO bullet. How can I create this style so it functions correctly?

Thanks in advance for any help in solving my problem,
    Geogette

Thanks
    Take a look at:
    How to Control Bullets in Word 2007 and 2010 by Shauna Kelly.

You may have already done this, most posters have not. Word's list numbering (and bullets) is a mess. You have to handle it very carefully to get it to work. I don't know all the ins and outs, I just know enough to follow Shauna Kelly's and John McGhie's advice. I've tried just using the numbering out of the box and it is a disaster when you get more complex documents.
    Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 2011-10-21 at 08:55.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Charles Kenyon For This Useful Post:

Georgette (2011-10-21)

Lounger
    Thanks

Red face Bullet variation problem solved, so far!

I did read Shauna's article which was excellent for setting up numbered lists, but it had no direct answer to my problem. So I played and this is what worked:
    • delete the Bullet_lastline style inside the template
    • highlight text stylized with a Bullet1 style and manually adjust the leading to be 12 point
    • click the icon in lower right of Style Pane to make a new style; called it Bullet_lastline (same name)
    • Make sure that Add to Quick Style list and New documents based on this template are both checked
    • Saved the template and used it as the basis for a document
    So far, so good,
    Georgette