Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts

A detailed analysis of Windows 8...

... from Ed Bott: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/a-dee...e_skin;content

He is a very knowledgeable writer on all things Windows and this is a very interesting analysis.

Thanks
    Thanks for bringing the article to attention, Ed Bot is indeed a very knowledgable and objective tech writer.
    I am very interested in the Windows 8 direction, but I don't want to be too interested at this early stage.
    Obviously it has some way to go before we see some coalescing into a final product.

I'll be keeping an eye and ear out, but withholding judgement untill I can get my hands on a more polished version
    to put through it's paces. It sounds like it's gonna be decent os for the tablet, lets hope they get it right.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CLiNT View Post
    Thanks for bringing the article to attention, Ed Bot is indeed a very knowledgable and objective tech writer.
    I am very interested in the Windows 8 direction, but I don't want to be too interested at this early stage.
    Obviously it has some way to go before we see some coalescing into a final product.

I'll be keeping an eye and ear out, but withholding judgement untill I can get my hands on a more polished version
    to put through it's paces. It sounds like it's gonna be decent os for the tablet, lets hope they get it right.
    I'm just watching it too, Clint. Probably this is the OS that Microsoft is being more open about at such an early stage.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Microsoft is being open with information about the conclusions they've drawn and how they've made design decisions. They will most likely make some minor changes before a beta is released but no one should expect any significant deviation from what has been shown so far. There is still much work for Microsoft to do to fill in the many blanks along with improving reliability & stability. However, the design train has left the station and it is not going back.

Joe

Thanks
    Many of the MS changes will be based on user feedback. One change is explained here. It's also nice to see MS listening to users and taking some advice from those users.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy