New Lounger
    Thanks

Wordpress user registrations

I admin two sites with WordPress blogs. Lately, I've had a huge number of new user registrations (for one site, many are obviously from China, the other, Russia, based on the e-mail address domains). I've changed the default permissions to turn OFF the ability to add content to the pages, but they still keep registering. They offer no posts or anything else. Both sites are for "local" services, so it's not like we are attracting international clients. Anyone have an idea what are they doing?

Thanks
    It's likely part of preparations for spamming. I suspect that some people make money selling registrations, and those people do not personally care to post, they just want as many registrations as possible as fast as possible.

Do you need to allow open registrations?

New Lounger
    Thanks

WordPress registrations

There have been the occasional REAL registrations, so it makes it easier for the legit users. I didn't know if just deleting the obvious ones would cause other problems.

I've stayed up-to-date with the WP releases, so if they've released a patch for it, it's likely I'm using it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah yeah, forget them for good
    they are doing the thing so called @#$% SEO "campaign" which actually is flooding your site with wastes and spam messages such as
    "hi, i like your website", or "i found some interesting stuff here" or "i've bookmarked it"