Thread: Yahoo bookmarks

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yahoo bookmarks

For over 5 years I have been using Yahoo as my home page. I have it set up just the way I want it. I have the bookmarks with the sites I visit daily showing on the right side of the page. Now Yahoo has changed things. They notify me that soon I will only be able to see and access my bookmarks from an installed "Yahoo Toolbar" and the bookmarks will no longer be accessable from my homepage.

Have the people at Yahoo been going to the same business school as Netflicks! Is the Yahoo toolbar so important to Yahoo that they will screw over their long time users just to force us to install the Yahoo toolbar?

Maybe I am strange, but I go by the motto, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Maybe this is why some business' have trouble keeping customers.

Thanks
    I assume you've passed your rant along to Yahoo...

Edit: It seems Yahoo doesn't view bookmarks as an important service: Bookmark features that are no longer available | Yahoo! Bookmarks Help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-10-23 at 01:49. Reason: Hmmm...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, But if they didn't think enough of me to give me the option to op-out of the change, I doubt my complaining will do anything.
    Maybe a sit in like is going on at Wall Street would get their attention.

Thanks
    I also have Yahoo as one of my several home pages. This is what my bookmarks look like. If they change this to attempt to make me add the Yahoo Toolbar I will simply drop Yahoo. Good-bye. There are too many good home pages that let you do what you want. I will not keep one that tries to force something on me.

YahooBookmarks.jpg
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Not a good day for me to bring up Yahoo! They have classified my Vintage Sewing machine group as Adult. Now to jump through the hoops and convince them it is not, while 4600 members get upset about the adult advertising.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I like my Yahoo home page and don't want to go through the hassle of setting up my home page on another site. So I have just finished setting up a Bookmark in the Google Chrome Bookmarks with all my Yahoo home page bookmarks. Using the Chrome bookmarks will work but is not as simple and easy as having the bookmarks on the home page. My Yahoo bookmarks look similar to yours, with sports, news, lottery.

Noname.jpg
    Last edited by sj_ken; 2011-10-23 at 23:37.

Thanks
    These bookmarks could be set up on any browser. IE, Chrome and FF. They actually might work better from the browser, who knows.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy