New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 print portrait/landscape swap...

Hi Folks,
    My desktop has W7 64 bit and Office 2010 tied to a printer via USB. In the last couple of weeks, the selected format has got reversed... when portrait selected prior to printing, it prints landscape and vice versa! This is work-roundable in Word and Excel, but has caused horrendous problems with publisher. My older laptop with XP and Office 2010 via USB to the same printer has no problems and prints normally.
    Any clues, please?

Thanks
    I would try to uninstall / reinstall the printer driver and software. Control Panel, Devices and Printers. Delete the printer in question then go through the manufacturer's installation procedure again. Many printers require the software be installed prior to the printer connected and turned on. Just slip in the installation disk, or go to the manufacturer's web site and download the correct drivers and software, and install.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the prompt reply Ted, but I still cannot understand why the older laptop is OK. I may be driven to printer drivers later... ! I'm still suspecting Windows7 itself and thinking of system restore to go back a month or so, before the "close-down Windows update" was sneaked in recently....... (later)..... I've just restored to 1st October, before the update to "Windows Modules installer" update snuck in. The problem has gone, but I haven't installed the batch of updates since that date. There is something wrong in that bundle?

Thanks
    System restore might work. I wouldn't be surprised if something in updates changed something. If System Restore works, you might want to install updates one at a time to see if something changes. Unfortunately developers, including MS, can't develope updates that satisfy requirements of 100% of the systems out there. Good luck with system restore.

Another thing you might consider is Imaging. Check out the many threads in the Security and Backups forum for much info.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

rastrickian (2011-10-23)