Thread: Log In Problems

Thanks

I am having problems logging in to some sites, with I.E.9.

First, My bank site will not let me log in. Here is what happens: I live in OR, but bank in WA. When I go to the sign in page, I make sure that WA is the state chosen, I enter my information and click sign in, and the site reverts back to OR and won't let me log in, I have spent almost three hours on the phone with the banks tech's but they don't have a clue. We have cleaned out all temp, cookies, etc. etc. I have tried logging in from a computer running I.E 8 and it went right through. I also tried a computer running I.E 9 and it also went through. The IE 8 computer is on my network.

Secondly, MyMSN will not login either. Again I tried from different computers with no problems what so ever. Funny thing here though is that all other MSN Logins (Mail, SkyDrive) work fine.

I downloaded FF, and am able to log in to my bank site, and I am also able to log in to MyMSN.

I am really at a loss and out of ideas. I have uninstalled and reinstalled IE 9 with NoJoy! I have run a complete virus scan, cleaned out all cookies, etc.

I should also add that I have run a dns flush as well, and on this computer im running opendns. Not on the network however.
    Last edited by t8ntlikly; 2011-10-23 at 12:06. Reason: additional information added
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    IE 9 has additional security not available in IE 8. Is it possible In Private Browsing is preventing your banking site and IE 9 from connecting? You may have to just try a few adjustment in security settings. I connected to my banking site with few problems. Initially my banking site wasn't upgraded to IE 9 specs, but quickly was updated.

MyMSN is one of my home pages and I connect easily to it. Got to be some setting.

Try running IE 9 with no Add Ons (safe mode) to see if this helps: Type Internet Explorer in search and choose IE No Addons

IENoAddons.jpg
    Last edited by Medico; 2011-10-23 at 13:05.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Perhaps I should have also stated that the bank site and MSN have been working just fine through IE 9 Beta, RC, and final... Working that is until Monday or Tuesday of last week.
    I have tried turning off all Add ons, and am not using either site in "Insafe Browsing" mode, although both have been tried that way to No Joy!
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Were there some updates earlier this week? It appears the last WU were 10/13, which is before your problems started. Have you tried a System restore or perhaps an Image restore from before the problem occured.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    John, Just learned something new that might help you, at least worth a try. Try the IE Developer Tools. Perhaps changing from IE 9 Mode to IE 8 Mode, or Compatibility Mode might help you.

DeveloperTools.jpg

IEMode.jpg
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    That looks and sounds a little drastic to me Ted. Please don't take offense, but! beings that I am not that comfortable with that try, I would like a second or third opinion on this try... Any of you super geeks (no offense) what am I getting into if I try this out to see if it cures the problem, and what are the ramifications?
    Thanks John

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    No ramifications whatsoever. You can toggle between the different modes without any issues at all. It won't have any implications.

First, just check the mode. See if it is Windows 9 Standards. If not, change it to Windows 9 standards and see if the page behaves normally. If not, just try the other modes, one by one, checking as you try.

Thanks
    Ok thanks...Will post back later this afternoon or tomorrow Gotta go get the tie rods on my Jeep replaced..... 225,000 miles...guess it's about time.. LOL
    Thanks John

Thanks
    Well, I tried the F12, to No Joy... Well, if anyone else cares to chime in here I am listening (Ok so I'm reading) I'm thinking that a trip up to Renton tomorrow is in order and let Microsoft's Tech's take a look...This is getting totally absurd.
    Thanks John

Thanks
    Well, I'm back from the Microsoft Store in Bellevue, where we spent an hour or so doing and re doing everything that has been tried and re tried and the results were the same. Un able to log in to MyMSN, MSN Games, and BofA. Then a different tech came by and asked how we were doing.... we shoed him the problem and he said that he had seen that before. The problem as it turns out is in the Trusted Site list once in a blue moon it will duplicate sites that are listed, and when that happens, the login page just goes around in cirlces as mine was. Problem now solved and computer working just fine.... worth the 2 1/2 hour drive up there... Of course I did stop at my brothers house while up there so good trip and thanks Microsoft.
    Thanks John

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Weird... glad that it's working for you now and thanks for posting the solution, may be useful for other Loungers .