New Lounger
    Thanks

2 copies of windows 7

I currently have 4 drives in my system . Drive C has a copy of Vista, F is a 1 TB Internal Data Drive, H is a 1 TB Internal with Windows 7 and G is a 3 TB external. I currently have dual boot but don't use the Vista start up ever. I am looking to replace the C drive with a SSD and put my windows 7 on it and use the other 3 drives for data. After I have installed windows on the new C SSD drive and I reconnect the H drive also with a copy of windows 7 on it will this cause any issues. The Bios would point to C drive first so I would not think there would be an issue but just want to make sure or do I have to Clean off that other drive first. Thanks

Thanks
    Make an Image of the present Win 7 drive. Install the new drive and restore from your Image. use Partition Wizard to delete the old Win 7 on the present H drive. Done!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Agree with Ted's comment, but with a caveat.....

Remove the drive with Vista and fix up the boot manager first using Easy BCD (or similar), so that you only have a single boot machine with Windows 7. Then proceed as per Ted's advice.

Next a question of clarification: are you intending to clean install Win 7 on the new drive or restore form image? Remember you may encounter activation issues if you perform a new installation. That can be resolved by calling the phone number in the activation wizzard, but should not be overlooked.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I was planning on doing a clean install of Windows 7 on the new SSD. I do realize that I may need to call to get it reactivated. I don't know if I want to do an image copy as I like the idea of starting fresh on the new drive and while the old drive is 1TB the new SSD will only be 120 GB so I may have an issue with a image copy though I could move off some data first.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a similar situation, I suppose. I currently have 2 internal drives - 300 GB and 250 GB. Each is split into 2 partitions. One has Win 7 on C and personal data on the other partition. The smaller/older drive has data backups on one partition and Win 7 backup on the other. All are kind of full, so I have a new 1 TB drive I plan to use as my new C drive. I want to do a clean install of my Win 7 Ultimate (64 bit) for several reasons - I cannot get service pack 1 to install, although it installed just fine on our other PCs that are all 32 bit, there are a couple of other annoying little glitches and an occasional BSD I hope to resolve by starting over.
    I am hoping to do the clean install on the new drive without first getting rid of my current install, ten retrieve some of my settings from the old install (kind of use it the way windows.old can be used when you install Win 7 over an existing installation). Will that work out OK? If so am I right in assuming that I will need to disconnect the current drive with Win 7 on it, then later when I reconnect it, it will not try to boot the old Win 7 installation?