Lounger
    Thanks

This action cannot be completed

I come to this forum because i did a google of the msg and see that it has appeared in other instances in other programs. When I am in Photo Deluxe and click to import photos i get a pop up window Server Busy. The msg says "This action cannot be completed because of the other program is busy." This is running on Win 7. I did the Import with no problem about a month ago. Now this shows? I saw a Google resolution that with my limited ability seemed like greek! Is there a resolution for this that a newbie can handle? I did try a reboot twice to make sure nothing else was running so no idea why there is another program busy?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PackGy View Post
    I come to this forum because i did a google of the msg and see that it has appeared in other instances in other programs. When I am in Photo Deluxe and click to import photos i get a pop up window Server Busy. The msg says "This action cannot be completed because of the other program is busy."
    "PG"
    Hello... Could be one of two things
    1. Something else is trying to run at start-up might be conflicting ...have a look at "System Configuration" > "Startup" Try downloading and running "Autoruns" (Logon tab) Autoruns
    2. Some Mal-ware type of thing. Run a scan using Malwarebytes (Free) Malwarebytes Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-10-24 at 14:23.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    Where are you importing the photos from, exactly? Hard drive, mini card, scanner, on-line service, network?

How big is the import - how many photos and roughly what size are they?

Usually this type of message means the import has started but data stops coming in or slows to a crawl. I get that sort of thing importing a lot of data into Win 7 from drive on XP computers - Win 7 sometimes doesn't play nice with XP.

Jock

Lounger
    Thanks
    They were coming off the camera chip. About 300 of them. Not sure of the size. But I had Imported them about 2 weeks ago and was just going after 2 new pics I had taken. I had not cleared the chip. Idea was to let it show me them again and this time just select the 2 new ones for actual import. But never got that far. It started to show them, then stopped with that pop up window. I did search Web for thet msg and saw it has been a problem for others but as I said, one of the "resolutions" was way above my head. Hoping that there was something simpler..? Another approach. I did a McAfee full scan, no issues. Waiting on doing the Malware another suggested, I try not to put too many things on the LapTop that may convalute things.

Thanks
    OK, so you are importing the photos into Adobe Photo Deluxe direct from the camera - via USB?

- 300 3 megapixel photos is about a gig of data. Do you have lots of disk space available? Are you connecting to a USB 2 port? Try another port.
    - What version of Photo Deluxe? Not all versions are Win 7 compatible, though some do work but are not on the MS list.
    - When you connect the camera, does Win 7 see it as a USB drive? If so, you could use Explorer to browse the photos in the camera and copy only the ones you need to a hard drive folder and import them into Photo Deluxe from there.
    - Is the camera fully charged? If it runs plugged in, try transferring with the camera plugged in, not running on the battery.
    - Often "this action cannot be completed" because one or more of the files involved is considered to be in use. Try creating a new photo album and importing the photos there - maybe photo deluxe is unable to overwrite one of he previously-imported photos.

Jock
    Last edited by jockmullin; 2011-10-25 at 09:19. Reason: Added file in use pg.