New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2003 problem

I am struggling with my new Windows 7 computer. It has Internet Explorer 9 and MS Word 2003. One of the problems that that I cannot resolve is that I canít see my text editing in Normal View. On my old computer , with Windows XP Home SP3 and also MS Word 2003, I could change the font type or size in Normal View and see it immediately while still in Normal View. With my new computer I can edit the text in Normal View but only see the editing in Web Layout, Print Layout and Reading Layout Views. ( I canít see the editing in Outline View either, but I never use this feature ).
    Strangely, if I change text in Normal View to italics, bold or underline, then I can see the changes in Normal View. I tried for hours with books and online to find the solution. I would be grateful for any advice. Many thanks. Dave Dale.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    David,

Welcome as a new poster.

I've tried it and it seems to work alright on my machine {Win 7-64Bit SP-1 Word 2003 SP-3}. I've included a screen shot with the View Options I have selected.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Retired Geek,

I have set the same settings as your screen shot but still no luck. Thanks anyway.
    Dave Dale.

Thanks
    Are you sure you don't have a draft font set for normal view in that options pane?
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply, Charles. I have Times New Roman as my font in Normal View. I don't think that this is a draft font ? Forgot to mention that my Win 7 comuter is 64 - bit.

Dave Dale.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Kenyon View Post
    Are you sure you don't have a draft font set for normal view in that options pane?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Charles. Yes, it was the Draft Font box in View that was ticked. Apologies, I didn't realise what you meant and I missed the crucial box on Retired Geek's screen shot. All is well now. My thanks to both of you.
    Dave Dale.

Quote Originally Posted by davideedale View Post
    Thanks for your reply, Charles. I have Times New Roman as my font in Normal View. I don't think that this is a draft font ? Forgot to mention that my Win 7 comuter is 64 - bit.

Dave Dale.