New Lounger
    Thanks

Warning to AT&T DSL Users

When I originally signed up for AT&T DSL service, my Internet password was the same as my primary ID password. This was still true 18 months ago.

Not true now: AT&T has arbitrarily, with no notice to me or anyone else that I know, changed the Internet password. You have to call DSL help line at AT&T, ask for a tier 2 representative, and ask him/her what they have assigned you if you need to set up a new modem, etc. This change has apparently been done fairly recently based on what the representative told me.

I don't know if AT&T is trying to accelerate their loss of DSL customers, or what, but they are certainly showing every effort of trying.

krt

Thanks
    Here is a site to search for a possible better ISP;http://www.theispguide.com/
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can second your concern....that's part of the reason I'm having problems with my router setup..... Bellsouth is AT&T in my area as AT&T purchased Bellsouth in my part of he US................see my post from today........AND Bellsouth won't help you because it's not their modem, ie Linksys,.......not a very happy camper right now either.....John