New Lounger
    Thanks

Warning to AT&T DSL Users

When I originally signed up for AT&T DSL service, my Internet password was the same as my primary ID password. This was still true 18 months ago.

Not true now: AT&T has arbitrarily, with no notice to me or anyone else that I know, changed the Internet password. You have to call DSL help line at AT&T, ask for a tier 2 representative, and ask him/her what they have assigned you if you need to set up a new modem, etc. This change has apparently been done fairly recently based on what the representative told me.

I don't know if AT&T is trying to accelerate their loss of DSL customers, or what, but they are certainly showing every effort of trying.

krt

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Here is a site to search for a possible better ISP;http://www.theispguide.com/
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can second your concern....that's part of the reason I'm having problems with my router setup..... Bellsouth is AT&T in my area as AT&T purchased Bellsouth in my part of he US................see my post from today........AND Bellsouth won't help you because it's not their modem, ie Linksys,.......not a very happy camper right now either.....John