I want to do a little macro to save some time with a nuisance spreadsheet. I have data that is irregularly spaced in rows. I want to
I recorded the macro:
- start at the lowest empty cell
- effectively hold down the shift key while I use the END-UP ARROW command
- Continue holding the shift key, use the RIGHT ARROW command to highlight the area
- Copy Down
- Use the END-UP ARROW command
- plus one more UP ARROW to move to the next empty cell
- Rinse, Lather, Repeat
' Copying_Stuff Macro
As you see, it has specific cell mentions. How do I revise it to give me a variable range?
Note that the column range is large. I hide the intermediate columns, and use a simple "right" arrow to highlight the area of interest. (There are occasional blank cells; this seems to prevent these from confusing the system.)
While I would like to completely automate it, this would require some sort of stop command (say when it hits a cell with some sort of keyword?). But that probably adds too much complexity. Just hitting a simple keyboard shortcut repeatedly (A hundred times) is still better than getting my fingers repeatedly twisted and hitting the wrong keys.
Speaking of shortcuts: I would like to assign it to a vacant keyboard shortcut. Is there anything like in Word that will show me the currently used keyboard shortcuts? And, am I forced to use the Ctrl only?