New Lounger
    Thanks

you do not have appropriate permission to access file

Hi Fred, I have a problem with my windows 7 64 bits, when I try to install a downloaded file I get this error 'you do not have appropriate permission to access file' although not every download, but it is annoying. I have my accounts as an administrator and users with full control access. I googled the problem but cannot get a straight answer. Could it be corrupted .dll. I appreciate your help, Jack Schembri

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Hi Jack,
    Get into the habit of right clicking files you intend to install, unblock if needed, r click again and select Run as Administrator.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I use a program called Take Ownership that's availabe from the How-To Geek at link below. It works with Vista and Win 7.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...menu-in-vista/