Star Lounger
    Thanks

Automatic updating of inserted slides but with formatting too

I have a slide which I use in several different presentations but which needs to be updated reasonably frequently. I would like to find a way to update the slide just once and have all the relevant presentations update automatically.

By inserting the slide (as a separate file) as a linked object file, the presentations do automatically update. However, I cannot find a way of doing this so that it also picks up the formatting of the presentation into which it is inserted (as per the master slide). This happens when one uses 'insert slides from file' but unfortunately then the slide does not subsequently automatically update.

Does anyone please know of a way of overcoming this problem i.e. so the slide automatically updates AND takes on the formatting of the presentation into which it is inserted. Surely there must be a way of doing it...?

Many thanks,

V

PS I'm using PowerPoint 2003

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm still wrestling with this! It does occur to me that it could be achieved if I could make the background to the inserted slide transparent. However, try as I might I do not seem to be able to find a way of doing this. Any ideas please?

V

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Any luck with this Victor?

Have you tried creating the content in another program like Word or Excel? Then only the content is updated, not the slide itself.
    I did a sample with some text on a black background in word. Inserted onto a slide as an object, and checked off update link. Worked like a charm.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, BigMac, good idea - I'll give it a try. V PS I pressed the Thanks button on your post several times but the number still seems stuck at 0, even after refreshing...?
    Last edited by Victor Delta; 2012-08-08 at 05:18.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for trying, that's good enough for me. Let me know how it turns out.

Doug Mac