3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

All Day Events Outlook 2010

I have Outlook open in Outlook Today so I can see what appointments I have for the entire week.

What I am experiencing is that everything that is set as an All Day Event is in such a light color that it is difficult to read.

Is there a way to change this font?

Jan Toles
    Help Desk Analysts
    Phoenix, AZ

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jantoles View Post
    What I am experiencing is that everything that is set as an All Day Event is in such a light color that it is difficult to read.

Is there a way to change this font?
    Yes, but it does require a little registry surgery and HTML/CSS editing. I've created a modified Outlook Today template you can try and then tweak.

First, download the attached zip file to a convenient location and unzip it somewhere. Preferably somewhere with a short path (e.g., c:\LoungeStuff). If you use another folder, edit the path in the next step to match.

Next, start regedit.exe from the Windows XP Start > Run dialog or the Windows Vista/7 search box. Navigate to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\O utlook\Today

If there is not already a value named URL, create a new string value named URL and set its value to:

c:\LoungeStuff\OL10Today\outlook.htm

(Edit path as needed to match your location.)

When you restart Outlook, it should use the custom page. However, if you are using something other than the Standard page (e.g., 2-column, 3-column, Summer, Winter) then you won't see the changes. I only edited the Standard template.

I'll assume you see the changes, which primarily involve darkening the text. If you open Outlook.htm in a text editor, you can skim down the list of style rules and see where the color and font sizes are set in standard CSS syntax.

Hope this helps.

To revert to normal Outlook Today, delete the URL registry value.

References: Customizing Outlook Today - Outlook Exchange, Understand how to truly customize the Outlook Today page | TechRepublic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-10-28 at 22:15. Reason: Added screen shot.