Thanks

Windows LiveMesh & SkyDrive Problem?

If this post is in the wrong area, moderators please move.
    Ok here goes: Using SDExplorer Pro I am unable to drop them into the Favorites folder on SkyDrive. I am also unable to add my favorites directly into the SkyDrive folder. (This is a folder that Microsoft put in SkyDrive)
    I am however able to drag and drop my favorites into my favorite folder on my U3 drive w/o any problems, and access them as well.
    So being able to do that I thought Ok I'll just do that and then drop them into SDExplorer. HA! boy was I wrong.
    I am not getting any error message, what I am seeing is red O with a line through it. I also have the sync turned on for I.E. in my LiveMesh, but am not seeing any activity. I'm not sure what I should be seeing with the I.E sync, I assumed that I would see activity as with other files. Oh! and nope I cannot sync the HD favorites folder directly to LiveMesh.

So What am I missing here?
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Don't know what may be happening with SDExplorer Pro. Maybe you need to ask their support. The only way I have read about getting Favorites synched automatically to SkyDrive is through the Windows Live Toolbar.

Synching favorites with Live Mesh just works. You need to have the synch on in more than one computer and Live Mesh will do it silently. A link is a very small file, tipically a 1K document, so it's unlikely that you will see it getting synched, as you do when Live Mesh synchs bigger files.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

t8ntlikly (2011-10-31)

Thanks
    Ok, thanks ruirib. Your post made me stop and think a bit. I remembered that I had a Favorites folder located in the My Documents Library. So as a test, I opened up SDExplorer, and I was able to drag that folder to SkyDrive. I updated it by draging the main favorites folder (C:Users/John/Favorites) to it, and then drug the folder over to the Favorites Folder in Skydrive. So now they fall in line with everything else the way I want it to; Backed up on LiveMesh, on SkyDrive, on Carbonite, as well as my external HD. Redundant, Redundant, Redundant, and oh yea! Redundant...
    Thanks again for getting my brain out of neutral !
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    You did all on your own, John, and I am glad you sorted it .