Lounger
    Thanks

What are these programs, FC11005US and FirstClass?

I just notice my desktop has an icon for FC11005US the property details says it is an 'install script setup launcher'.. whatever that is? Acresso Software has the copyright. I do not recall seeing it before? I just installed Acronis Backup , maybe it came from there? I do not see it listed in Control Panel programs... anyone what this is? How is it uninstalled if it is undesired? I also see a shortcut for FirstClass\fc332.exe and I do not know what this does either? I am too cautious to d-click them to see what happens... a big surprise maybe?
    A McAfee scan detected nothing. P.S. I have unistalled Acronis Backup,, not what I wanted.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    FirstClass seems to be messaging software used in Education. A google search shows that FC11005US and fc332.exe are associated with First Class. Seems legitimate and seems someone installed it or started an installation.

When in doubt about a file, you can check it at http://www.virustotal.com/. I wouldn't actually trust McAfee as the single decisor about file safety.

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I can vouch for FirstClass.

As ruirib notes, it's a tool used in education - specifically distance learning.

My wife uses it in her Open University studies here in the UK.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks a heap! When education was mentioned I went straight to my wife (a teacher) to see if she was aware. Yes. She had done the evil deed. Forgot to tell me! Just wonder why I don't see it on Control Panel programs for an Uninstall. At least I now know it is nothing devious. You folks came thru big time!