3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

VBS script tripping over UAC

Cross threaded-See thread "need vbscript to determine file extension " in Lounge/System Development/Windows Programming.
    I have a vbs script that will rename a non-windows file in C:\windows folder. The problem is that it does not elicit the normal UAC option/warning to allow changes and then fails to complete as I have not given permission. A similar batch script does elicit this option and then I can allow it to complete. The script runs if the file is not in C:\ as no warning is issued/needed.
    How can I get this script to either elixcit this option/warning or can I selectively allow this type of script or this specific script to run without turning off UAC?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Please do not start multiple threads on the same subject. Please post any further responses in the original thread under the Windows Programming forum.

Thanks
    Sorry Joe, I suggested posting here on the Windows permissions issue. I was concerned that moving the other thread here would confuse readers about the nature of the current question.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Hi Jefferson,

No problem. Your suggestion of using Technet is a better one for him anyway.

Joe