New Lounger
    Thanks

Some IMAP inboxes missing Junk Email folder

I recently switched 2 email accounts from POP to IMAP and added a third IMAP account. Each IMAP has a separate Inbox in Outlook 2007, but only one of them has Junk Email folder. Any way to add Junk Email back to the other two?

Thanks
    Each IMAP account somewhere in its properties lets you choose which folders to mirror locally in Outlook. I don't have any IMAP accounts set up on this system, but hopefully you can find it. I would start by right-clicking the top-level folder and looking for promising menu items there.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for reply, but that's not it. The folders are being sync'ed with Outlook. But there is no Junk Email folder in Outlook that automatically applies the junk mail filters to downloaded items. I have seen on some sites that you cannot have Junk Email folder with IMAP but I know that is not true, because one of my IMAP accounts does have this folder. Would it have something to do with the mail server setup? My provider says only change from POP to IMAP is in the Outlook connection parameters.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brsilver View Post
    Thanks for reply, but that's not it. The folders are being sync'ed with Outlook. But there is no Junk Email folder in Outlook that automatically applies the junk mail filters to downloaded items.
    Oh. I don't use Outlook's junk filter, so I don't know how (or whether) it interoperates with Junk Mail folders in IMAP accounts. It may well be that the messages can only be filtered into the "magic" Junk Mail folder in your Local Folders. Perhaps someone with first-hand experience can confirm/deny.

(When I searched, the #1 issue regarding IMAP and the Outlook junk filter was the need to change your send/receive settings to retrieve the entire message, because simply retrieving the headers does not trigger junk filtering.)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It is not related to mail server's junk filtering. Outlook junk mail filtering works on mail downloaded to Outlook. It works just fine on one IMAP account. But when Outlook creates the pst for the other 2 IMAP accounts, it omitted the Junk Email folder. It wasn't even the first account created. First one - no Junk folder. Second one - Junk folder created. Third one - no Junk folder. It can't just be "magic".

Thanks
    I turned on Outlook's junk filter and it does use the Junk E-Mail folder in the IMAP account. Both of my IMAP accounts (one standard ISP account, one Gmail) have a "magic" Junk E-mail folder (it has a circle-slash icon on the folder). I don't know whether this folder pre-existed in the IMAP account, or whether Outlook created the folder on the server when I added the account, or whether I created it myself. Here is a screen shot of the dialog I was referring to for checking your sync'd IMAP folders (Outlook 2007). If you check the All tab, is there any Junk E-mail folder available to sync?
    Attached Images Attached Images