2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Text gets cut off when I print from IE (6.0)

When I print out certain web pages instead of the text wrapping nicely like it does on the screen, the text gets cut off.

I think it has something to do with the text being in a table does anyone have any ideas on how to rectify this?

This also happens in IE 5

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text gets cut off when I print from IE (6.0)

Melissa,

It happens to me too! I'm using IE6. There is some Microsoft Knowledge Base info on this behavior and it seems there is no immediate fix.

Check out: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q257/0/85.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=print&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SR CH&SPR=IE600>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar..._SRCH&SPR=IE600</A>

Preston

Thanks

Re: Text gets cut off when I print from IE (6.0)

Chastise the webmaster?

Assuming you already have shrunk your margins to a half inch or less, you could print in Landscape mode. However, you might find yourself cursing if you forget to switch back.

If you have full Acrobat or Acrobat Business Tools 4.0, you can import a web page or even an entire site, and use Acrobat's ability to scale to pages to print them in portrait mode. But this is a hassle and doesn't work with all sites.

Sometimes I open web pages in Word (File, Open, paste the URL in as a the file name) to work around browser limitations and bad page design. Not all sites allow this. Try dropping down the open button and using "Read Only" to work around some sites' objections.

If it were a really important page, you could save the page using IE's "complete page" option and edit the table dimensions in the saved page.

Maybe someone has created a plug-in to slim overly wide tables right in the browser, but I wouldn't really know where to search for one...