New Lounger
    Thanks

simple "print" and "save" macros

I want to add buttons in my document for "print" and "save" (I found a "save as" macro that works, but can't find these).

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear Chasersud:

Welcome tto the Lounge.

Before you begin, Excel 2003 on the standard toolbar already has the buttons "Save" and "Print". The "Print" on the toolbar is limited to printing only the active worksheet or grouped worksheets selected by the User and the Range inputed in the print dialog tab.

The "Save" macro will need for some planning especially if the worrkbook will be used by multiple persons. I would say more often than not the "Save" macro would fail unless the Drive and file path were exact for both users.

Also for printing tasks and mutliple views have you considered "custom views" for the workbook? A simple suggestion is to create the customs views you desire and then record a simple macro where you select the views and worksheets for the print job and attach that Macro to a "Print" button on the worksheet. This way Excel is doing the complex and the Macro is doing the repetitive.

If you still wish to have a "Save" macro, can you please provide the version of Excel you are using and state if the workbook will be soley used by you, or by multiple users, that way someone in the "Lounge" could better assist.

Regards,

DuthieT

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Try this for save.
    Code:
    Sub SaveMe()
           If Not ActiveWorkbook.Saved And _
               Not ActiveWorkbook.ReadOnly Then
              ActiveWorkbook.Save
            End If
    End Sub          '*** SaveMe **
    Try this for print.
    Code:
    '                         +---------------------+                 +----------+
     '-------------------------|     PrintData()     |-----------------| 04/09/04 |
     '                         +---------------------+                 +----------+
      'Calls    : SetUpPage

Sub PrintData()

SetUpPage    '*** Sub Routine to setup print parameters or do it inline here ***
          ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1  'Print It!
          ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = ""            'Clear Print Area

End Sub                   'PrintData()
    Last edited by RetiredGeek; 2011-11-08 at 12:28.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs