Results 1 to 1 of 1
2011-11-08, 22:03 #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Digital signature for LPCFILTER.SYS
Background: I had to re-install my Windows 7 64 bit operating system. When I connected my laptop to my external HP 2310m monitor, Windows Update found a new driver but the installation failed. I tried to install the driver (v. 2.0) from HP driver downloads and it fails too with the error message:
"An error occurred while installing the display drivers."
No other information or assistance is provided to troubleshoot the error.
I found this Readme file in the various folders in the downloaded zip file.:
MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 BASIC, HOME, PROFESSIONAL, ENTERPRISE and ULTIMATE EDITIONS
1. Attach HP monitor directly to your computer.
2. Restart your computer.
3. Click on START -> CONTROL PANEL.
4. Click on "Adjust screen resolution" option under the "Appearance and Personalization" section.
5. Click on the "Advanced settings" text.
6. Click on the MONITOR tab.
7. Click on the PROPERTIES button.
8. IF the USER ACCOUNT CONTROL window appears, click on the YES button.
9. Click on the DRIVER tab.
10. Click on the UPDATE DRIVER... button.
11. Select "Browse my computer for driver software" option.
12. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" option.
13. Click on HAVE DISK... button.
14. Click on the BROWSE... button and navigate to the following directory: c:\Swsetup\Monitors\HP_2310_2.0\Files
15. Select the "HP_xxxxx.inf" file (where "xxxxx" represents the name of your monitor) and click the OPEN button.
16. Click on the OK button.
17. Click on the NEXT button.
18. Click on the CLOSE -> CLOSE -> OK -> OK buttons to exit.
but at step 15, "2310m" is not one of the ones listed. It shows 2310, 2310g, 2310mf and 2310t - but no 2310m. I could gamble on either one or any. The likely guesses are 2310 and 2310mf but I don't know how to undo the driver install if it is wrong.
Next attempts: I disconnected the monitor and ran the installer. It worked! ... but when I shut down, connected the monitor and restarted, windows would not start and I received an error message:
Info: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.
I used System Restore to back out a bunch of installs, but I don't think it uninstalled the driver install. So now I got a bunch of HP monitor drivers that I have to get out.
I have not tried to reconnect to my monitor as I am concerned it will generate the error again. (Maybe the files are gone since it started again????) Anybody have advice on how to uninstall drivers?
Last edited by canerican; 2011-11-08 at 22:05. Reason: removed extra blank lines