Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word as email editor (O2000)

What are the disadvantages in using Word as email editor in Outlook - can my emails written in Word be read by recipients who do not have/aren't using Word?
    Reason for wondering is that I found that Euro sign

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word as email editor (O2000)

yes... but don't use RTF format.

as you found out... just because you see it on the screen doesn't mean the Recipient will. they need to use the same font, which is generally their default for plain text.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, but pardon my ignorance - I don't quite understand - I use HTML format, I tried using Times New Roman and Tahoma - both have the Euro symbol - but Outlook doesn't print it just an X - I don't know what a recipient would get - but when i email myself I see the Euro Symbol

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

One (or more) of Woody's past issues of WOW addressed it - basically you get the advantages of using word features but it's sluggish and slow. For verson 2000 and older, wordmail is not recommended and many admins prevent it's use.

However - wordmail in Office XP is finally improved enough to make it usable without causing unnecessary problems. The outlook editor offers autocorrect and a few other neat little things that make using it better too, for those whose admins still remember the old wordmail.