New Lounger
    Thanks

Patch Watch Summary Table of ALL PATCHES TO DATE

Not sure if this has been asked for before, or where to ask it, but with all the good info regarding patches we get in the newsletters, there is no one place to find a current updated summary of ALL patches and status....and if it's not asking too much, in numerical order. Does this exist anywhere?

iNET Interactive
    Thanks
    It's a good suggestion and something we will consider. But for now, there are other site and newsletter changes that have a higher priority. That said, it should be pretty easy for someone to keep their own spreadsheet of updates, taken from the Patch Watch charts.

Thanks
    I too wanted a list of patches in numerical order. It turns out that in a different thread, several people (including me) talk about how they succeeded in making their own sortable spreadsheets. I tried the methods others described and couldn't get them to work, and then I hit upon a method that worked for me. See http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...tch-Watch-list.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Just read Susan Bradley's 11-24 column on patches - which ones to skip, wait or install, based upon the testing that has been done. My question is this: if I have already installed some of the patches that she advises to "skip" or to "wait", should I uninstall them? Or just leave as is? Appreciate the comments/advice.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryR40 View Post
    Just read Susan Bradley's 11-24 column on patches - which ones to skip, wait or install, based upon the testing that has been done. My question is this: if I have already installed some of the patches that she advises to "skip" or to "wait", should I uninstall them? Or just leave as is? Appreciate the comments/advice.
    Welcome to the Lounge Larry and Terry!

If your PC has suffered no ill effects from the updates you have installed then you are good to go. Have you seen any of your installed programs behave unusually after allowing the updates? Is any of your hardware misbehaving? If the answers are no, then your PC is fine with the updates you currently have installed.

Uninstalling any of the updates could potentially create some problems for you, where none now exist.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Is any of your hardware misbehaving?
    Can't say that I have noticed any programs malfunctioning, but I have noticed that my monitor periodically (and randomly) goes black for maybe a second, then returns to normal. I have been surmising that possibly I might have a faulty or misbehaving video card, but that's just a guess.

Thanks for the reply, I'll leave the installed updates alone.

Thanks
    Assuming the video issue was prior to the installation of the mentioned updates, you can start a thread in the Hardware Forum about the video problem. If you do, post your PC details including the PC brand, video card brand, and other installed hardware.