New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows File Explorer

Recently upgraded my home computer equipped with Windows 7. I previously used Windows XP and used a freeware program called SysExporter which allowed me to capture column info such as Music Title, Artist, Album Name, and Track number and paste it in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet where I stored a catalog of my music. Unfortunately Windows File Explorer addresses memory differently and SysExporter doesn't work with Windows 7 and the author hasn't released a version that addresses this issue. Does anyone know of any other freeware or a trick in Windows 7 that will allow me to catalog my music as before?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Wadeer,

This is possible using Windows PowerShell {included in Win 7}. I don't know what your technical level is but here is a link to a PowerShell function that will make the extended attributes available within PowerShell. The attachment below demonstrates some of it's output capabilities using the PowerShell IDE. I've also included a list of the items this method gives you access to. Of course this can all be automated so that with a couple of clicks you can generate the list you are looking for but this requires a little programming. I'm just learning PowerShell so if you need help I'll give it a go but there are others here who I'm sure could do it in a flash.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Retired Geek........I appreciate your suggestion
    Attached Images Attached Images