Thanks

Windows Live SkyDrive and Photo Gallery

I have tons of old photos some from the 30's and 40's that I am scanning in. All of them I've done so far I have shared with family in SkyDrive.
    I changed the permissions to allow editing, but that didn't work. I noticed that none of them were using an Msn, Live, or Hotmail account, and thought that that may be the problem. Turns out it wasn't.
    So, I have photos in SkyDrive, shared, and all with full editing permissions, but the others are not able to edit the photos, and when they try to add a people tag, it tags all of the photos the same. On my end it works flawlessly.
    I posted in the Photo Gallery Forum, but after a week and no answers I turn to y'all... thanks

I've also notticed that I cannot use the same name for a file. SkyDrive will not rename a file as dfdfd (1). Odd!
    Last edited by t8ntlikly; 2011-11-13 at 10:49.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Have you observed what they are doing in person? Are they using the web interface or the Photo Gallery desktop application? If they are using the Photo Gallery desktop app is it the most current version?

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    Have you observed what they are doing in person? Are they using the web interface or the Photo Gallery desktop application? If they are using the Photo Gallery desktop app is it the most current version?

Joe
    Yes, Using TeamViewer I took control of his computer, and it really wouldn't let me do much of anything with either Photo Gallery or in SkyDrive. As far as the latest software. Yes he does have the latest.
    I heard back from the Windows Live Forum late yesterday. See the attached jpg for their cure?
    Windows Live.JPG
    I haven't tried this yet, as it makes me nervous. Primary makes me think that by doing this I could possibly open up all private folders to those who's address's I enter. I am going to error on the side of caution here and get another local Win7 machine close before I try it.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)